10th IFLA Interlending and Document Supply (ILDS) International Conference, 29-31 October 2007, Singapore
11 May 2007
10th IFLA INTERLENDING AND DOCUMENT SUPPLY (ILDS) INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE
29 to 31 October 2007, National Library, Singapore
The National Library Board of Singapore (NLB) is hosting the 10th IFLA Interlending and Document Supply (ILDS) International Conference and we invite you to join this exciting event.
The 3-day conference will bring together over 200 information and knowledge professionals and business leaders from all over the world to engage in insightful exchanges on the theme "RESOURCE SHARING FOR THE FUTURE, BUILDING BLOCKS FOR SUCCESS".
Attend and gain comprehensive knowledge on one platform, the current trends and key developments in interlibrary resource sharing, critical legal issues, successful case stories, future directions and opportunities to take advantage of. Don't miss out on this rare chance to hear from among the most distinguished experts in their fields.
* Future Directions in Resource Sharing : learn about a new revolutionary global initiative that is user-focused, and how it opens up the possibility of sharing resources from the libraries directly with individuals.
* Be inspired by case studies on how libraries deal with copyrights issues and their creativity in employing the latest tools and building blocks to expand and enhance library services
* Conference speakers includes :
- Mr Mike McGrath, Editor of the Interlending and Document Supply Journal,
- Mr. Mat Pfleger, Head of Sales and Marketing, The British Library,
- Dr Harald Muller, Director of the Library at the Max Planck Institute for Comparative Public Law and International Law,
- Ms Ngian Lek Choh, Director of the National Library, Singapore
- Ms Anne Beaubien, Director, Cooperative Access Services and Grants Officer of the University of Michigan Library (Hatcher Graduate Library);
- and speakers from around the world (America, Africa, Asia, Australia and Europe).
* Open up opportunities for libraries, librarians and associated industry players to get to know each other better and work out suitable partnerships that will help improve the provision and sharing of library services.
* Take part in tours of different libraries in Singapore ranging from the academic to innovation libraries, and public to boutique libraries.
* Soak in the sights and sounds of tropical Singapore.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
* Library administrators, librarians, information specialists/managers in the public, national or academic libraries who are working with or interested in the aspects of interlending and document supply services.
* Service providers who are interested in new projects/initiatives and approaches in the interlending and document supply developments.
ONLINE REGISTRATION & EARLY BIRD SPECIALS
Enjoy a discount of S$100 off the conference fees if you register by 31 July 2007.
** IFLA MEMBER :
a) S$540 (early bird registration by 31 Jul 07)
b) S$640 (registration on/after 1 Aug 07)
* NON-IFLA MEMBER :
a) S$620 (early bird registration by 31 Jul 07)
b) S$720 (registration on/after 1 Aug 07)
Please register online via this link
BLOG YOUR THOUGHTS
The ILDS Conference Blog is up and running! So feel free to give us your comments, suggestions or just drop us short notes of how you think could help us make the event a success. We will also be periodically updating information via the blog page so do check in regularly at
for more conference knick-knacks.
For more information, please visit our conference website at
or email us your queries at
We look forward to meeting you at the event.